Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Marist Spirit

The 4k CMI batch.(cannot make it)



A WWF session in process.





The 2I parang gang.
Harry boy may not have even gone through a quarter of his life yet but he knows that a certain four years (unfortunately, in his case five) would hold some of the best memories he will have during his life.

I could still vividly remember the reason i went to the school(Maris Stella High) in the first place, reason being that my father insisted that he was in a boys school(VS) thus i should follow in his example and enter a boys school as well. The other reason being told to me was that the absence of the opposite sex would enable greater concentration with my studies on my part(sadly that did not materialize). What did he think his son was, some hard core chee kor pei.............The school was quite a distance away from my Bukit Batok hometown hence travelling was quite a hassle espically after school where i had to take the public transport during the much dreaded school dimissal hours.


I've learn so much during the years spent there, there was never a dull moment. There were the slight skirmishes we had with boys from other schools, the stupid WWF sessions i got into, the numerous heated debates i had with my caucasian teacher(losing in most cases unfortunately), the hounding sounds of wolves produced when my classmates and i see some sweet young things in our school, the kicking of the lower secondary students soccer ball to the cemetary opposite our school.... and many others.

The most memorable incident i experience was the one with my english teacher Mr Christoper James Turdy who hails from the city of Auckland in New Zealand. He was an exceptional english teacher and to-date i would fairly said that he is one of the best educators i worked with. However, he is a relatively eccentric person and one incident in which he insulted the dignity of our parents made me scream my guts out at him nearly resulting in a David verses Goliath battle which lucky did not took place as he was rumoured to be an ex-professional boxer.


The defination of a Marist ... a gentlement, a scholar, a sportsmen.....

Am i a gentlemen ?....well i'm always trying my best to be one

Am i a scholar?.......no and never, at least not in this life(studying is never my cup of tea)

Am i a sportsman.....ok for this point maybe i'm one


Coming from an all guys environment definately has its perks as we would be able to do things that will never take place if a female is around...... the stupid nonsense we did daily still vividly lives in my mind.


Living on , forever with the marist spirit embedded in my heart


marist moto>dilligence, determination, loyalty and dedication, courage


The marist creed:

I am marist stella

my conduct is guided by

respect for god and country

respect for siblings, peers and juniors

respect for self

and respect for property

In all that i say or do

i bear in mind that it affects or influences others directly or indirectly

Lastly i find that anything worth doing should be done well and cheerfully.






1 comment:

Spengster said...

You are from marist.

I am from St Gabriels

ALL HAIL BOYS SCHOOL!