Friday, July 13, 2007

A glance into the future

My classmates with our lecturers



Yours truly trying his best to act cute.
Yesterday, i went for a study/field trip to the main logistics hub of DHL located besides changi airport.

Enroute to reaching our destination, we pass by hendon camp home of the commandoes and the saf ferry terminal. Whenever i pass by any army camps or even see people in their army no. 4, i would feel an rush of adrenaline as if i can't wait to join the army and serve my country with honor and glory. At one stage, i even considered signing on an army diploma scholarship which would guarantee me a monthly income of over 1k even before my army career even begins which i found extremely appealing.However, after much considerations and lisitening to the first hand stories by my friends who are serving the nation, i decided not to as the saf did an exellent job in their advertising campaign and it is a fact that whenever young innocent teenagers look at televison advertisement of saf soldiers in action, they are in an air condition room maybe drinking pepsi and munching on nachos but being in the bloody jungle is an entirely different thing.Imagine the fatigue you are feeling after days of trekking and you have to soldier and push on to acheive your objectives no matter how much pain you are in as you have to answer to your superiors and your men are all looking up to you. I seriously would not be able to take this kind of streneous mental stress. Besides, how can i choose my career so blindly when i have not even experience the life in the army yet.Maybe after serving my nation then would i be able to fairly judge whether a career in the military is suitable for me.


Now back to the main topic, the DHL logistics hub is where the products are sorted out then shipped out by air,sea or land all over the asia pacific region. During the tour inside, i saw how the real working world is like and it is indeed a no nosense society unlike all the fun, rubblish and cock i am having during my poly days.I can't imagine myself entering the working world as i'm a happy-go- lucky- guy who simple hates paper work. To be able to succeed in the working society one would need both IQ and EQ to survive.Communication wise(EQ) i find i'm still relatively ok but where (IQ)application of my skills i learnt is concern, i am in for a big disaster as i'm the type who hates doing tutorials but enjoy doing projects aspecially presenting them in front of an audience. This is so as i always find a sense of satisfaction whenever i'm able to convey my message across successfully.

OKOK..... Mr mao's aims in life now
1)complete my diploma with the highest GPA possible
2)try to experience anything i feel like doing with a i can do it attitude
3)most importantly try to wake up for school on time and cut down on cabbing
4)be happy

1 comment:

markus said...

harry. marcus here this is my blog

www.whatshouldinamethis.blogspot.com