Monday, January 21, 2008

Reality of life.....

Just got back one of my common test re-test results and got a lecture from my lecturer as i failed again getting even a lower mark than the previous attempt.
I can't study or do well academically and that is a fact. Close friends of mine know i'm definately not an academically gifted person. Is being academically gifted really so important? I've know of people who are gifted academically but have totally fucked up attitudes or have seriously low or even zero EQ to speak of.
Even though i express my views in this manner, i know academic results definately plays a part in having a good start up to their careers. Hopefully i will be abe to obtain my diploma and after my service to the nation, we will see how i will move on from there whether i will get a KNNBCCB degree or enter the KNNBCCB workforce. However, one thing is for certain is that i have to stop getting allowances from my parents ASAP as soon as i finish my diploma. If i go for my KNNBCCB degree, i think it is fair enough for them to pay for my course fees if they can afford it but i will have to earn my own allowances be it from working part time or from saving up during my NS days.

To those people who like me are not academically gifted, lets show the rest that even with average or medicore results, with the correct mindset we can acheive wonders. Singapore is an extremely competitive society, we are all judge on how well we are doing by our monetary achievements. This is a cruel but hard fact. In a few months, i will be starting my attachment in a logistics company provided i clear all my year two module. Hard luck to the organization who will be receiving an intern of my exceptional calibre. Jokes aside, i will definately be taking a Mr Cheong with a serious attitude to the logistic organization and will show my employers that i am willing to learn and i will get going when the going gets tough. Additionally, i will definately show them that i am willing to learn and it does not matters if i fail now, or the next time , or the next next time as i belive that if i am willing to learn i will be able to gain knowledge that will be able to put to good use in the future.

Thereis a chinese saying"A MAN MAY HAVE MANY IDEAS BUT HAVING BOSSOM FRIENDS IS HIS GREATEST GAIN." I truly hope that i am weathly in the term of the number of quality friends i have. Still, i belive that there's no escape from one's fate. Somestimes in life, you've got to accept that some things seem destined. No matter how hard you try, the result inevitably will remain.

As Forest Gumps mama said: "LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET" .

1 comment:

DaiEn said...

you finally blogged... lolz...